Multi Award Winning Director of Photography for Puremotion Studio, Alex Huang has been in the Industry for over 13 years and has risen through the ranks at a rapid and inspiring pace.
Consistently taking out some of the most prestigious awards, with both the AIPP and WPPI for the past 6 years consecutively, his eye for detail, skill in execution and ability to tell a provocative story through his imagery has been steadily recognised over the past number of years, earning him and his studio a highly respected and esteemed name within the Australian and International Photography Industry.
Below is a list of some of Alex’s most recent award achievements;
- 2020 AIPP Silver Lining Award – 3rd Place in Travel
- 2019 AIPP QLD Wedding Photographer of the year (Finalist)
- 2019 AIPP Master of Photography title received
- 2019 WPPI – Master of WPPI title & Silver Awards
- 2019 Capture Magazine The Annual – Wedding
- 2018 WPPI First Half – 3rd Place Wedding Couple Together
- 2018 AIPP QLD Travel Photographer of the Year (Finalist)
- 2018 AIPP QLD Photography Award – Silver Distinction & Silver
- 2017 AIPP Australian Professional Photography Award – 1 Gold & 2 Silver
- 2017 WPPI Annual Competition – Silver Distinction & Silvers
- 2016 AIPP Australian Travel Photographer of the Year (Finalist)
- 2016 AIPP Australian Professional Photography Award – 1 Gold & 2 Silver Distinction
- 2016 AIPP QLD Photography Award – 1 Gold & 1 Silver
- 2016 WPPI Annual Competition – Silver
- 2015 AIPP Australian Travel Photographer of the Year (Finalist)
- 2015 Australian Professional Photography Award – Silver Distinction Awards
- 2015 AIPP QLD Travel Photographer of the Year
- 2015 AIPP QLD Photography Award – 4 x Silver Awards
- 2015 Top 20 Wedding Photographer (Taiwan)
- 2015 WPPI First Half – Silver Distinction
- 2015 WPPI First Half – Silver x 3
- 2015 WPPI Print Album and Filmmaking Annual Competition – Silver x 2
- 2014 WPPI Print Album and Filmmaking Annual Competition – Gold
- 2014 WPPI Print Album and Filmmaking Annual Competition – Silver x 2
- 2014 WPPI First Half Competition – 2nd Place in Photojournalism
- 2014 WPPI Second Half Competition – Silver x 4
- 2014 Top 20 Wedding Photographers (Taiwan)
This is the image that won our photographer Alex Huang a Gold Award at the 2016 APPA (Australian Professional Photographers Awards) and earnt him a place as Finalist for the “Photographer of the Year” award in the travel category.
The story behind this image is…..
“Myself and my photographer friend Hiroke Inoue set out in the early afternoon to seek inspiration amongst the snow-covered surrounds of Hokaido, Japan.
Our journey bought us to a popular tourist destination called “Mile Seven Trees” where a number of sight seers where all going about their own business, admiring the same stunning scenery as we were.
If you look closely at the photograph, you will notice each person is conducting their own motion and is busy in their individual movement whilst their surrounds remain still, stark and calm.
I often feel that in today’s society, everyone is so busy and often caught up in their own individual lives that it’s easy to lose track of the real purpose and that is to step back every now and then and appreciate the bigger picture.
Winning a gold award for this image was such an honour and a real treat as it just bought back even more fond memories of our incredible trip to Japan back in Feb this year”
Guggenheim Museum Image
This is one of the images that won our photographer Alex Huang a Silver Distinction award at the 2016 APPA (Australian Professional Photographers Awards) and helped earn him a place as Finalist for the “Photographer of the Year” award in the travel category.
The story behind this image is…..
“When I was in New York last year, I took a trip to the Guggenheim Museum where there is no shortage of inspiration to be found. So when I came across this corner of the building with this monogram on the wall, I felt inspired to try and connect a sequence of events visually.
I’ve always been fascinated with the evolution of life and the storylines that tie each generation together with one another, in this image, it was all about capturing that one decisive moment when all the elements came together in symmetry to make this image work”
Tree & Fox Image
This is another one of the images that won our photographer Alex Huang a Silver Distinction award at the 2016 APPA (Australian Professional Photographers Awards) and helped earn him a place as Finalist for the “Photographer of the Year” award in the travel category.
The story behind this image photo is…..
“I had another moment of inspiration when in Hokaido, Japan earlier this year and I was out and about with my friend Hiroki Inoue looking for something to captivate my imagination when this scenario unfolded right in front of our eyes. I was intrigued by the presence of the lone fox (whose paw prints can be seen when closely observing the picture) The fox seemed to be searching for something, most likely food and I liked the fact that his solitary existence complimented that of the tree.
For me, it depicted a common theme in life today, that all too often we seem to be searching and seeking certain things and that we may not always be able to see clearly amongst all the haze and blur that surrounds us.
Being recognised for this photograph by way of a silver distinction was not only rewarding but a humbling experience as I knew my vision has been portrayed as I had hoped it would.”